CARACAS – ORINOCO DELTA – CANAIMA NATIONAL PARK – LOS ROQUES ARCHIPELAGO
9 days / 8 nights
Enjoy The Orinoco Delta with its lush jungle; Canaima National Park with the Angel Falls, one of the wonders of creation, and Los Roques, a relaxing water paradise!
· Observation of the tropical flora in one of the biggest Deltas in the world
· Excursions in dugout canoe in Orinoco River
· Fishing the wild piranhas
· Visit the Warao Matriarchal Community
· Relax in a comfortable lodge in front of Canaima lagoon, with the background of Hacha Falls.
· Enjoy bathing behind the water curtain of Sapo Falls in Canaima National Park.
· Excursion to Angel Falls, the highest waterfall in the world.
· Bathe in Los Roques, one of the best preserved Archipelagos in the Caribbean.
Day 1. Caracas.
Arrival to Maiquetia International Airport, located in the Venezuelan Central Coast. Assistance and transfer to the hotel by a guide. Vouchers, air tickets and tips important of the country will be provided Overnight.
Day 2. Caracas – Orinoco Delta (LD).
Early in the morning, transfer to the airport to take the flight towards Maturin. Reception at the airport. Transfer to the port where you board a motorboat to the heart of the Delta. Navigation through the Orinoco tributaries where we can admire the Delta’s unique flora and fauna. Arrive to the Lodge located in one of the islands formed by the river. Welcome drink and lunch. In the afternoon visit the Warao Matriarchal community. Experience the thrill of a little walk in the middle of this exotic forest. Have a close contact with the local flora and fauna. Enjoy a delicious dinner and a good night rest. The Orinoco Delta of Venezuela is still virgin. Its web of countless small and big rivers allows us to venture deep into spectacular galleries of untouched beauty. This area has dense and intricate jungle vegetation, thanks to the conjunction of the Orinoco River (and the massive amount of nutrients it carries) and the saline waters of the Atlantic. . Visit the channels and mangrove swamps just like the Warao Indians did it for thousands of years. We penetrate 1-2 meter canals by dugout canoes with the blasting sounds of the Howler Monkeys and the sharp curious screams of the Blue and Gold Macaws protesting our invasion, the effects are unforgettable.
Day 3. Orinoco Delta (BLD).
Breakfast. Boat excursion to the Orinoco’s mouth. . Cross the jungle. Your local native guide will teach you some of the fantastic tropical forest plant’s secrets and medicinal usages. Admire also the local fauna like: Monkeys, Parrots, Alligators, Butterflies, etc. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4. Sapo Falls Excursion (BLD).
River transfer and then land transfer to the airport in Puerto Ordaz to take the flight to Canaima National Park. Arrival to Canaima from Puerto Ordaz or Ciudad Bolivar. Assistance at the airstrip. . Transfer to Canaima lodge. Cross the Canaima Lagoon, facing the waterfalls formed by the Carrao River. Walk in the jungle up until Sapo Falls and pass under the water curtain formed by the river on its way down. Lunch. Accommodation in a comfortable lodge in Canaima with private toilets.
Day 5 Excursion to Angel Falls (BLD).
Transfer to Ucaima Port to take a curiara through the Carrao River. At the Mayupa rapids it may be necessary to walk for about 20 min. and let the crew haul the empty canoe through them. Shortly after beginning your journey, you will be dazzled by the majestic Auyantepuy, home of the Angel Falls, standing still as a medieval fortress of gigantic dimensions. Its impressive walls shelter the river from both sides. Once inside the Canyon, the Angel Falls appear in all its majesty when the boat approaches Ratoncito Island. Lunch in the open forest. Once in the camp board another curiara up until the point where you will walk to Laime lookout point. Enjoy a nice bath on the pool formed by the waterfall on its way down. Return to the camp, or relax going swimming in the Churun River. Dinner and overnight in the lodge in Canaima in beds (in option: sleeping in hammocks near Angel Falls).
NOTE: In case there is not enough water in the rivers, the trip to Angel Falls will be replaced by a tour to Orchid Island.
Day 6. Canaima – Puerto Ordaz (B).
Breakfast. Free time to walk around the Indian community or to see the Indian handicrafts. Transfer to airstrip. Flight to Puerto Ordaz. Visit la Llovizna Falls and Cachamay Park Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 7. Los Roques (LD).
Early transfer to the airport. Flight to Caracas and connection charter flight to the heavenly Coral Archipelago Los Roques, one of the largest marine national parks in the Caribbean. Transfer to the “Posada”. Welcome drink. You will board a motorboat and will start sailing around the little cays of the Archipelago. Enjoy a good day of sun bathing on these exceptionally white sandy beaches and multicolor crystalline warm waters. Cold drinks will be served along with picnic lunch on the beach. Beach and snorkeling equipment will be provided. Return to El Gran Roque to the Posada. After dinner, time to walk on the seashore and visit this fishermen village. Overnight.
Day 8. Los Roques (BLD).
After breakfast you will be taken to another beautiful little cay. Enjoy a nice relaxing day on these marvelous beaches, walking from one beach to another with water level under your knees, or discover the fauna under the sea by snorkeling. Return to the posada at the end of the day. Dinner and overnight.
Day 9. Los Roques – Caracas (BL).
Breakfast. Enjoy another Beach day at this idyllic location. Transfer to the airstrip to take your flight back to Caracas to take your international flight.
· Assistance at the airports.
· Private Transfers airport- hotel- airport.
· 1 night in Caracas Littoral with breakfast.
· 2 nights in Orinoco Delta with Full Board and excursions.
· 2 nights at the Canaima Lodge with full board.
· 1 night in Puerto Ordaz with breakfast.
· 2 nights in Los Roques, full board.
· Boat ride in Canaima Lagoon.
· Sapo Falls excursion.
· Angel Falls’ excursion (by river and trekking).
· Visit la Llovizna Falls and Cachamay Park.
· Daily transfer to the nearby keys in los Roques.
· Local guides.
· Caracas – Maturín.
· Puerto Ordaz – Canaima.
· Canaima – Caracas (by Puerto Ordaz)
· Caracas – Los Roques – Caracas.
· Domestic airport taxes. (3US$ per person/ per flight)
· Entrance fee to Canaima National Park. (5US$ per person)
· Entrance fee to Los Roques Archipelago National Park. (4US$ approx. per person)
We recommend bringing: bathing suit, sunglasses, sun screen and insect repellent, lanterns, comfortable shoes, cap and raincoat, jacket for the evening, camera.
NOTES: Maximum weight of luggage to Canaima and Los Roques: 10 kilos per pax. Possibility to store the extra luggage for an extra cost.
· Visit to learn weaving with “moriche” (palm fiber) the Indigenous Warao Community in Orinoco Delta.
· Speech about the Warao Community cosmovision of life in Orinoco Delta.
· Nocturne Excursion through the jungle river, lighting the nocturnal tropical fauna like alligators, birds, and other animals of the area in Orinoco Delta.
· Fishing in the northern Delta near the Atlantic Ocean. (3 days minimum)
· Excursion to the Kamarata Community, visit the Kavac Caves with an Overflight to Angel Falls in Canaima.
· Overflight Angel Falls in Canaima. (in private)
· An overview by boat of Los Roques Archipelago.
· Visit to the Scientific Foundation Los Roques in charge of the Reproduction of the Turtles in extinction.
· Fresh Lobster Gourmet meal in Los Roques. (You choose your lobster alive and eat it!)
· Windsurf or Kitesurf lessons in Los Roques.
· Peacock fishing in Los Roques.
· Diving lessons in Los Roques (Padi).