CARACAS – CANAIMA NATIONAL PARK – ANGEL FALLS – PUERTO ORDAZ – LOS ROQUES ARCHIPELAGO
8 days / 7 nights
One of the tours that gathers the most beautiful natural settings in Venezuela, spectacularly beautiful National Parks that will take you to heavens of peace and relax.
· Arrive in Caracas: the biggest city in the Caribbean, enjoy your stay in Caracas littoral with a relaxing tropical sea view.
· Visit the biggest National Park in South America: Canaima National Park, home of the highest waterfall in the world: Angel falls, a natural wonder.
· As optional: choose between going to Angel falls by air in a light aircraft or in indigenous canoes with light trekking to the bottom of the falls.
· Relax in a comfortable lodge in front of Canaima lagoon, with the background of Hacha Falls.
· Enjoy bathing behind the water curtain of Sapo Falls in Canaima National Park.
· Delight in Archipelago los Roques, one of the most unspoiled and pristine in the Caribbean. Take pleasure Diving, Fishing, and Windsurfing, Kitesurfing or just relaxing in the virgin beaches.
· Enjoy and relax in the simple and traditional fishing community in Grand Roque.
Day 1. Caracas, the Caribbean Metropolis of South America.
Caracas, the vibrating Capital of Venezuela, is located in a green valley at the base of the Avila Mountain at 950 meters of altitude. It is a big and cosmopolitan metropolis with a mixture of skyscrapers and luxury villas, at just 30 kilometers from the Caribbean Sea. Arrival to Maiquetia International Airport. Assistance with a Venezuelan guide that will present the tour program and give some tips about the country. Transfer to a Littoral Hotel. Overnight.
Day 2. Canaima, a visit to the Lost World (BLD).
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. Flight to the wonderful Canaima National Park, the biggest park in Venezuela, (3 million hectares). It is surely one of the most unspoiled locations in the world today. Home of Angel Falls, the highest waterfall in the world. With more than 80 beautiful waterfalls Canaima is a majestic ancient land of tepuyes and one of the oldest formations in the planet (1.8 billion years old) with jungles, savannas and mysterious rivers of lost legends. Upon arrival: welcome cocktail. Promenade in Canaima Lake. Lunch. In the afternoon, cross the Canaima lagoon in Indian canoes moved by Natives of the Pemón community. Pass the Ucaima, Golondrina and Hacha waterfalls that fall spectacularly into the lagoon, and take a short walk through the tropical forest to the base of the Sapo waterfalls. Here we have time for a short bath in the refreshing waters. We continue the excursion walking behind the curtain of water (some 200 meters), which descends from the dashing Carrao River. Climbing to the top of the falls, we have an excellent view of the savannahs surrounding the tropical forest and the tepuyes: unexplored majestic tabletop mountains considered the oldest rock formations of our planet. Return to the Camp, near the pink, sandy beach of the Canaima Lagoon. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 3. Canaima National Park (BLD).
Breakfast. Assist to the awakening of nature in this unique place. Enjoy the peaceful environment in Canaima. Free time to visit the handicraft shops, the Pemón Indian community and to take an optional excursion to Angel Falls: in a Full Day to the base of the Angel falls or an Overflight. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4. Canaima – Puerto Ordaz (B).
Breakfast. Take a walk around the lodge to enjoy the surrounding nature. Transfer to the landing strip of Canaima. Flight to Puerto Ordaz. Visit the Cachamay Park to admire the rapids of the Caroni River and, later on, La Llovizna Falls. Transfer to the Hotel. Overnight.
Day 5. Puerto Ordaz – Los Roques Archipelago (BLD).
Breakfast. Early in the morning transfer to the airport, flight to Los Roques by Caracas. After landing at the Gran Roque you will be transferred to the Posada and you will receive assistance and information about the activities in the island and begin relax to one of the pristine cays of the Archipelago. Lunch at the beach. At the end of the afternoon, return to the main island El Gran Roque. After dinner at the Posada explore this fisherman little village and observe the placid and simple life out of the stress of civilization. Overnight.
Day 6-7. Los Roques Archipelago (BLD).
Days at leisure visiting different nearby cays every day with full board. As an option: Sail along some of the cays of this spectacular archipelago enjoying its magnificent coral reef barriers. You will also be offered to anchor in a small cay where you can enjoy leisurely walks through strips of white sand beaches or refreshing swims under the tropical sun. Transfer back to the Posada. Overnights.
Day 8. Los Roques Archipelago – Caracas (BLD).
Breakfast. Last day to enjoy the beach. Transfer to the airport. Flight to Caracas, and then the connection back home.
· Assistance at the airports.
· Private transfers airport – hotel – airport.
· 1 night in Caracas Littoral with breakfast.
· 2 nights in Canaima with full board.
· 1 night in Puerto Ordaz with breakfast.
· 3 nights in Los Roques with full board.
· Boat ride in Canaima Lagoon.
· Excursion to Sapo Falls.
· Excursion to Cachamay Park and Llovizna Falls.
· Daily transfer to the nearby keys in los Roques.
· Local Guides.
· Caracas – Canaima – Caracas (by Puerto Ordaz).
· Caracas – Los Roques – Caracas.
· Entry fee to Canaima National Park. (5US$ per person.)
· Entry fee to Los Roques Archipelago. (4US$ approx. per person.)
· Domestic Airport taxes. (3US$ per person/ per flight.)
We recommend bringing: sun glasses, sun screen, sweater for the evening, bathing suit and towels, raincoat and hat, insect repellent, camera.
· Overflight Angel Falls in Canaima. (private)
· Full Day excursion to Angel Falls with overnight in hammocks with mosquitoes net in the jungle near Angel Falls. (private)
· Excursion to the Centre of Reproduction of Turtles in Los Roques.
· Diving lessons in Los Roques.
· Fishing in Los Roques.
· Full Day Excursion by dugout and soft trekking to the base of Angel falls. (private)
· Excursion to Kamarata Community and Kavac Caves with Overflight Angel Falls (Charter flights, soft trekking, lunch) from Canaima National Park.
· Kitesurf lessons in Los Roques. (4 days)
· Fresh Lobster Gourmet Meal in Los Roques. (You choose your lobster alive and eat it!)