CARACAS – THE PLAINS – PUERTO ORDAZ – THE GRAND SAVANNAH – CANAIMA NATIONAL PARK – MOCHIMA NATIONAL PARK
13 days / 12 nights
Cross Venezuela from West to East. You will discover the Andes, go on a Photo Safari at the natural sanctuaries of The Plains, and overfly the Angel Falls to land on the idyllic beaches of Mochima National Park.
· Crossing the Great Savannah a prehistoric and grandiose land.
· The tepuyes: spectacular table mountains isolated by the erosion of time, the oldest rock formations in the world.
· Cross El Dorado: land of gold and diamond mines in a 4x4 vehicle.
· Aponguao Falls (106 mts. of altitude).
· Visit the Brazilian frontier: La Linea.
· The charming islands of Mochima National Park.
· The coral reef and the underwater world of Mochima National Park.
· Swim with dolphins.
Day 1. Caracas: Caribbean Metropolis.
Arrival to Maiquetia International Airport, located alongside the seashore. Assistance at the airport by an Alborada Guide that will explain the program and provide you some tips for your trip. Transfer to the Hotel in Caracas. Overnight.
Day 2. Caracas-The Plains (BD).
Breakfast. Tour around the sites of greatest interest in this Caribbean megalopolis. Panoramic visit of Caracas , The Colonial central area, with its famous Plaza Bolivar where one can still appreciate the cobbled streets and colonial balconies; The National Congress, The Metropolitan Cathedral, Bolivar´s Home and The National Pantheon, where the remains of the great Latin American hero Simón Bolívar rest. Transfer to the airport. Flight to Barinas. Assistance and transfer to the Ranch in the Plains. Excursion to watch the fauna. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3. Venezuela Plains (BLD).
Located in the heart of the country, the Plains region is home of one of the largest wildlife nature reserves in the world. Its weather, vegetation, rivers and isolation makes this an increasingly attractive haven for animals and wild vegetation. The area shares a vast and diverse ecosystem, home of several breeds and animal species in their natural habitat: jaguars, ocelots, tapirs, alligators, monkeys, anteaters, iguanas, anacondas, and of course the capybara, the World's largest rodent; and thousands of species of birds. Breakfast. Jeep Safari Tour to get in touch with this animal life. River navigation. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4. Ecological reserves in the Plains – Puerto Ordaz (B).
Breakfast. Walk around the Ranch accompanied by a local biologist guide to admire the fauna and flora. You will have the opportunity to see the Venezuelan llaneros or Cowboys in action, doing their daily work, moving large herds of cattle or horses from one place to another. Discover the customs of the inhabitants of the region and their music “El Joropo Llanero”. At the end of the afternoon, transfer to Barinas airport to take the flight to Puerto Ordaz . Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 5. Puerto Ordaz – The Grand Savannah (BLD).
Breakfast. Excursion to the Grand Savannah. The trip begins visiting Cachamay Park and Llovizna Falls, then continues passing through the towns of Upata, Guasipati, the Callao, Tumeremo, Las Claritas and the legendary town of El Dorado. All these villages keep the structure of mining towns with own cultural expressions of the time of the colony. In Tumeremo we will stop to have lunch in a Creole typical restaurant. The initial panoramic view will welcome you with a thick forest and humid jungle. We will continue trip passing by the town of 88 Km the Imataca reserve in "La Piedra de la Virgen" (the Stone of the Virgin) Danta falls, up to the Monument to the Pioneer Soldier; we will stop to observe this natural monument. From this point we will ascend until the 1,400 mts to arrive at The Great Savanna. Enjoy an extensive view of the Grand Savannah, part of Canaima National park, the third largest in the world, covering an area of 32,000Km2. Dinner and overnight in a Camp with beds and private bathrooms.
Day 6. The Grand Savannah (BLD).
After breakfast we will continue the trip towards the indigenous population of Iboribo. Cross the river in dugout canoes and prepare yourself for a hike to the impressive Chinak meru Falls (105 meters) or Salto Aponguao. Soon we will undertake our walk to return passing through Pozo Escondido (the Hidden Well) and Pozo de los Enamorados (The Lovers’ Well) where you can take a refreshing bath and have a picnic lunch. Enjoy the beautiful scenery .Observation of the exotic flora (much of it still unclassified) and with luck the local fauna: tapir, Jaguar, Akurima and rare tropical birds like the Golden Cock of the Rocks. After lunch, return by the national road with stop at Kaimoiran rapids and Kama-Meru falls (40meters). Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 7. The Grand Savannah (BLD).
Breakfast. The trip continues to Santa Elena de Uairen stopping occasionally to visit interesting places like Kavvi Falls, Kama Merú Falls viewpoint El Oso, where you will have the opportunity to take pictures of the tepuyes, Arapan ravine, Soroape ravine At this point we will take our picnic lunch to continue to Yuruani falls and Jasper ravine ,which is named after the gemstone that is found at the place. a stream and water falls with a beautiful red jasper floor The sunlight makes of this place a fantastic kaleidoscope. To the end the day we will take a quick jump to the border with Brazil where we can browse and shop for souvenirs. You will visit La Línea, where you will appreciate the limits of both countries. Dinner will be at the lodge located on a hill that gives a majestic view of the Great Savanna. Enjoy the dinner in the silence of this hidden place. Accommodation will be in rooms with hot running water in Santa Elena.
Day 8. The Grand Savannah - Canaima National Park (BLD).
Breakfast. Transfer to Santa Elena airport. Charter Flight to Canaima National Park. Take the opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenery presented out the window: The jungle river and its mysterious tepuyes. Arrival to Canaima´s lodge. This ancestral and mystic place is a land of tepuys, magic and sacred mountains of the Indians. Lunch. In the afternoon, we will cross the Canaima lagoon in Indian canoes conducted by Indians. We pass the Ucaima, Golondrina and Hacha waterfalls that fall spectacularly into the lagoon. We take a short walk through the light tropical forest and savannah to the base of the Sapo waterfalls. Here we have time for a short bath in the refreshing waters. We continue the excursion walking behind the curtain of water (some 200 meters) that descends from the dashing Carrao River. Climbing to the top of the falls, we have an excellent view of the savannas, surrounding tropical forest and the tepuys: unexplored majestic and prehistoric tabletop mountains considered the oldest rock formations of our planet. We return to the Camp facing the Hacha waterfalls and the pink sandy beach of Canaima Lagoon. Dinner and overnight at the selected Canaima lodge.
Day 9. Angel Falls (BLD).
Early departure on an expedition to Angel Falls. Trekking and navigation in Curiara, accommodation in hammocks in the jungle in front of the falls. Possibility to stay in a charming stone rustic camp in beds in front of the walls ( Min 4 pax ) Enjoy the spectacle offered by the majestic Angel Falls on top of Auyantepuy. Overnight.
Day 10. Canaima – Puerto Ordaz - Mochima (BL).
Breakfast. Early in the morning walk the road to Puerto Ucaima. From here board a boat that will take you to a trip across the Carrao River along one side of Auyantepuy or Devil's Mountain. Arrival to Canaima. Transfer to airport to take flight to Puerto Ordaz. Private land transfer to Mochima (4 hours). Accommodation in a Posada near the sea. Welcome dinner.
Days 11-12. Mochima National Park (BD).
Breakfast. Mochima Bay is one of the favorite places to visit in Venezuela for its calm waters. This park is ideal for scuba diving, snorkeling and other water activities since nearly 80% of its land lies within waters of the Caribbean Sea. Optionally, take an excursion on a typical boat to Mochima National Park. Visit one of the pristine islands that make up this National Park. Typical fish lunch in Playa Blanca, with soft drinks throughout the journey. Return to the Posada at the end of the afternoon.
Day 13. Mochima National Park - Caracas (B).
Breakfast. Transfer to the Airport of Barcelona. Flight to Caracas and connection with your international flight.
· Assistance at the airport.
· Private transfers airport – hotel- airport.
· 1 Night in Caracas with breakfast.
· 2 Nights in the Plains with full board and daily excursions.
· 1 Night in Puerto Ordaz with breakfast.
· 3 Nights in The Grand Savannah with full board and excursions with private services.
· 1 night at the base of Angel Falls in hammocks with mosquito nets and full board
· 1 night in Canaima in the lodge with full board.
· 3 Nights in Mochima with breakfast.
· H/D City Tour in Caracas.
· Photo Safari in the Plains.
· All excursions in Grand Savannah.
· Boat ride in Canaima Lagoon
· Excursion to Sapo Falls.
· F/D excursion to Angel Falls in private service.
· Excursion in Mochima National park.
· Local Guides.
· Puerto Ordaz- Santa Elena.
· Santa Elena- Canaima.
· Puerto Ordaz- Barcelona-Caracas.
· Entry fee to Canaima National Park (5US$ per person)
· Domestic Airport taxes. (3US$ per person/ per flight)
We recommend bringing: bathing suit and towel, hat, sun glasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, sweater for the evenings and raincoat.
- Visit the Kavanayen Missions in Grand Savannah.
- Fishing in Mochima National Park.
- Snorkeling and Diving in Mochima National Park.
- Cruise in Mochima National Park.
- Cruise to La Blanquilla Island (Only groups).
- Folkloric Party “Llanero” with traditional instruments in The Plains (for groups).
- Overflight Angel Falls in Canaima (in private).
- Night excursion to observe nocturne wildlife in the Plains.
- Full Day Excursion by dugout and soft trekking to the base of Angel falls in Canaima (in private).
- Birdwatching in the Plains.
- Horse Riding in the Plains.
- Excursion to Kamarata Community and Kavac Caves (Charter flights, soft trekking, with lunch) in Canaima National Park with overflight to Angel Falls.
- Folkloric Party “Llanero” with traditional instruments in The Plains (for groups)
- Kitesurf lessons in Los Roques.
- Diving lessons in Los Roques.
- Fishing in Los Roques.
- Fresh Lobster Gourmet Meal in Los Roques (You choose your lobster alive and eat it!).