CARACAS – CANAIMA NATIONAL PARK – MARGARITA ISLAND – COCHE ISLAND
8 days / 7 nights
For travelers who wish to enjoy a natural adventure without forgetting to relax and enjoy one of our most exciting Venezuelan Islands – Margarita.
· Excursion in Caracas to a spectacular view from Avila Mountain National Park in Cable car.
· Visit the biggest National Park in South America: Canaima National Park, home of the highest waterfall in the world: Angel falls, a natural wonder.
· Relax in a comfortable lodge in front of Canaima lagoon, with the background of Hacha Falls.
· Enjoy bathing behind the water curtain of Sapo Falls in Canaima National Park.
· Full Day Jeep Safari in Margarita Island, visiting La Restinga Lagoon, Macanao Desert and the Colonial area of La Asunción.
· Full Day Excursion to the pristine Coche Island. Ideal for Diving, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing.
Day 1. Caracas
Arrival to Maiquetia International Airport, located alongside the seashore. At the airport, a guide will explain the program and give some useful tips for the trip. Transfer to the Hotel. Overnight.
Day 2. Caracas – Avila Mountain National, Puerto Ordaz (B)
Breakfast. Panoramic visit of Caracas: visit the major points of interest including the colonial and new zones of the city. Excursion to Caracas cable car, on your way you will have a panoramic sight of the city. Enjoy the splendorous view of the capital from the Avila Mountain. Have a close look of the Humboldt Hotel, an architectural structure built on the highest point of the Mountain. Admire the view of the Caribbean Sea in one side and the megalopolis in the other. From this point, the altitude is approximately 2.850 mts. Transfer to the airport to take the flight to Puerto Ordaz. Excursion to Llovizna Falls and Cachamay Park. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 3. Puerto Ordaz-Canaima National Park (BLD)
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. Flight to the wonderful Canaima National Park, the biggest park in Venezuela (3 million hectares). It is surely one of the most unspoiled locations in the world today. Home of the Angel Falls (the highest waterfalls in the world, 979 mts height), with more than 80 beautiful waterfalls, Canaima is a majestic ancient land of tepuys and one of the oldest formations in the planet (1.8 billion years old) with jungles, savannahs and mysterious rivers of lost legends. Upon arrival: welcome cocktail. Then cross the Canaima lagoon in a dugout Indian canoe conducted by Indians, pass the Ucaima, Golondrina and Hacha waterfalls that fall spectacularly into the lagoon. Take a short walk through the light tropical forest until arrival to the base of Sapo waterfalls. Here we have time for a short bath in the refreshing waters. We continue the excursion walking behind the curtain of water which descends from the dashing Carrao River. Climbing to the top of the falls, we have an excellent view of the savannahs surrounding tropical forest and the tepuyes: unexplored majestic tabletop mountains considered the oldest rock formations of our planet. Return to the Camp for lunch near the pink, sandy beach of Canaima Lagoon. You will have time to take optional excursions like Overflight Angel Falls. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4. Canaima - Margarita (BD)
Time to visit the handicrafts boutiques or the Indigenous Communities. Transfer to the airport. Flight to Porlamar. Transfer to the Hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5. Margarita: Full Day Jeep Safari (BLD)
Breakfast. Full Day Ecological Jeep Safari Excursion. The excursion will be carried out in 4x4 vehicles. The first stop will be in the mountain ¨Sierra¨ or hill ¨Cerro Copey¨ (the highest mountain of the island), where you will enjoy a spectacular view of Porlamar city. Continue your trip to Restinga National Park to take a boat ride between channels and mangroves swamps. Departure to Auyama beach located at the end of a cascade where Carey turtles go once a year to lay their eggs. Then departure to Carmela or the Mula Beach across a very arid zone in the north of the Macanao peninsula. In Punta Arenas you will have free time to enjoy a good swim at the beach, surrounded by a little salt mine. Tropical drinks and special seafood will be served on the beach. Sunset at Juan Griego Beach, nice opportunity to take wonderful pictures. Return to the Hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6. Margarita: Full Day Coche Island (BLD)
After breakfast, transfer to the pier where you will board the lively cruise to Coche Island. Be comfortably transferred to Margarita´s unexplored neighbor. Travel across amazingly white sandy beaches, and embrace the tropical atmosphere that will develop on the cruise. Caribbean music, Open bar with fruit and rum cocktails will harmonize all through the journey. Once in Coche, enjoy the wide and secluded beaches of the island. Free time to relax and enjoy a good day of sun. Return to Porlamar at the end of the afternoon. Enjoy your dinner at the Hotel and a well-deserved good night rest.
Day 7. Margarita (BLD)
Have a day of leisure on the beach with All Inclusive System or take a optional excursion to discover the island or to enjoy an aquatic sport or seize the opportunity to go shopping around Porlamar, the biggest free port of the Caribbean. This lively city has a broad variety of stores and fashionable malls to seize the opportunity to bring a local handcraft back home. Dinner and Overnight.
Day 8. Margarita – Caracas (B)
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. Flight to Caracas to make the connection back home.
· Assistance at the airports and ports.
· Private transfers airport – hotel – airport.
· 1 Night in Caracas with breakfast.
· 1 Night in Puerto Ordaz with breakfast.
· 1 night in Canaima with Full Board.
· 4 Nights in Margarita Island in All Inclusive.
· 1/2 Day Cable Car Excursion in Caracas.
· Visit Cachamay Park and La Llovizna Falls.
· Boat Ride in Canaima Lagoon.
· Excursion to Sapo Falls.
· Full Day Jeep Safari in Margarita with lunch beverages and guide.
· Full Day Cruise to Coche Island in Margarita with lunch and transfers hotel –port- hotel
· Local Guides
· Domestic Flights: Caracas – Canaima (by Puerto Ordaz)
· Puerto Ordaz – Porlamar – Caracas.
1. Entry fee to Canaima National Park (5US$ per person).
2. Domestic Airport taxes (3US$ per person/per flight).
We recommend bringing: bathing suit and towel, hat, sun glasses, sun screen, raincoat and sweater for the evening, camera, insect repellent.
· Overflight Angel Falls in Canaima. (Private Services)
· Full Day Excursion to Los Roques from Margarita. (Only Groups)
· Full Day Excursion to Grenada Island from Margarita. (Only Groups)
· Full Day Excursion to Tobago Island from Margarita. (Only Groups)
· Full Day to Cubagua Island from Margarita.
· Full Day to Los Frailes Islands from Margarita.
· Snorkeling in los Frailes.
· Kitesurf classes with Instructor in Margarita.
· Windsurf classes with Instructor / Full Day.
· Swimming with Dolphins in Margarita.
· Horseback Riding in Macanao desert in Margarita.
· City Tour in “Chiva Rumbera”: local bus with open bar, music and dances in Margarita. (Only for Groups)
· Shopping Tour (Margarita is a Port free).