TREASURES IN VENEZUELA: GUINNESS CATATUMBO LIGHTNING
CARACAS - MERIDA - MARACAIBO - LIGHTNING OF CATATUMBO - EL VIGIA - CANAIMA NATIONAL PARK
10 days / 9 nights
One of the tours that contrast the Andes landscapes with the marvelous natural phenomenon of Catatumbo in the middle of a wild nature in Maracaibo lake, finishing with one of the world well known spectacular and beautiful Canaima National Park.
- The fascinating Catatumbo Lightning.
- The tropical Andes, the Paramo in Merida.
- The biggest National Park in South America: Canaima National Park, home of the highest waterfall in the world: Angel falls, a natural wonder.
- Maracaibo, the city if the sun and the biggest lake in south America.
Day 1: Caracas.
Arrival to Maiquetia International Airport, in Caracas located alongside the seashore. Assistance at the airport with an Alborada guide that will provide travel documents and important information about the country. Transfer to the Hotel and overnight.
Day 2: Caracas - Merida (B).
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport to take the flight to Merida.
(Vigia Airport) City tour in Mérida: this Andean colorful city surrounded by incomparable landscapes of deep valleys and high peaks covered by perpetual snow, is known for its peaceful, serenity, and the kindness of its inhabitants. Enjoy the capital of the Venezuelan Andes: the University, the Cathedral, the Archbishop Palace, the Governor Palace, the Colonial Art Museum, and the Indian market. Overnight.
Day 3: Merida (BL).
Discover the charm of the Venezuelan Andes: the colonial typical villages of Tabay, Apartaderos, Mucuchies and Mucubaji Lake, known for its scenic beauty. Lunch in a typical restaurant. in the mountains Return to the hotel and overnight.
Day 4: Merida - Maracaibo (B).
Breakfast. Private Transfer to Maracaibo, in this picturesque city at the shores of Maracaibo Lake the biggest one in South America. We will visit Plaza Bolívar Square, the main square of the city, Governors Palace, Casa de Morales, the Cathedral, the Basílica of La Virgen de Chiquinquirá, Archbishop Museum, the Indian Market with lovely handcrafts: hand-knotted carpets in brilliant colors, picturesque dresses and multicolored hammocks made by the local Guajiro´s Indians. Overnight.
Day 5: Catatumbo Lightning (BD).
Breakfast. Transfer to Puerto Concha a small fishing village. From here, travel by boat through Las Cienagas de Juan Manuel National Park. The flora and fauna is rich and diverse with possibilities of seeing red howler monkey and several endemic species of birds. Arrive at the mouth of Maracaibo Lake. We will spend time in palafitos (houses on the water) and time for a snack dinner while we observe Catatumbo Lightning in the best spot to do it. Overnight in El Vigia Hotel. (Possibility also to stay in hammocks in the stilts houses. On request)
Day 6: El Vigia - Puerto Ordaz (B).
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport to take the flight to Puerto Ordaz by Caracas, Panoramic sightseeing of Ciudad Guayana to know its residential and commercial zones. The tour will continue to the Cachamay Park to admire the rapids of the Caroni River splashing their way to the Orinoco River we will continue with La Llovizna Falls
Day 7: Puerto Ordaz - Canaima National Park (BLD).
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport to take the charter flight to Canaima National Park. Arrival to the imposing Canaima National Park the biggest park in South America (3 million hectares). It is surely one of the most unspoiled locations in the world today. Home of the Angel Falls (the highest waterfalls in the world, 979 mts high), with more than 80 beautiful waterfalls, Canaima is a majestic ancient land of tepuys and one of the oldest formations in the planet (1.8 billion years old) with jungles, savannahs and mysterious rivers of lost legends. Take a canoe ride in Canaima lagoon approaching to the falls that surround the lagoon. Enjoy your lunch. In the afternoon excursion to Sapo Falls where you will walk under the water curtain formed from the falling water. If you wish when you return back you can enjoy a bath on Canaima lagoon beach in front of the falls. Dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Canaima National Park (BLD).
Breakfast. Time to relax and enjoy. Choose the optional excursion you prefer.
Option 1: you can take the Overflight Angell Falls: On small planes enjoy the adventure of flying through the crevices of the Auyantepuy visiting the Devil's Canyon where the Angel Falls flows in to the jungle.
Or you can choose the Option 2: a full day canoe dugout excursion to the Angel falls where you can take a bath in the small pool formed by the falling waters of Angel falls if the level of the water allows us.
Day 9: Canaima National Park - Caracas (B).
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport to take the charter flight to Puerto Ordaz and continuation to Caracas, transfer to the hotel in Caracas littoral and overnight.
Day 10: Caracas (B).
Breakfast. Enjoy the tropical weather in Caracas Littoral, and if you have time skipped to relax in the beach near the hotel .Transfer to the airport to take your international flight
- Assistance at the Maiquetia international airport.
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport.
- Transfer from Merida to Maracaibo.
- Transfer from Maracaibo to Puerto Concha.
- 1 night in Caracas with breakfast.
- 2 nights in Merida with breakfasts.
- 1 night in Maracaibo with breakfast.
- 1 night in El Vigia with breakfast.
- 1 night in Puerto Ordaz with breakfast.
- 2 nights in Canaima National Park with full board.
- 1 night in Caracas Littoral with breakfast.
- Half Day city tour in Merida.
- Full Day to the Paramo: Sierra Nevada with lunch in Merida.
- Half Day Panoramic City tour in Maracaibo.
- Excursion to the Catatumbo Lightning spot with snack.
- Half day to the Cachamay Park and La Llovizna falls in Puerto Ordaz.
- Boat ride at Canaima Lagoon.
- Excursion to Sapo Falls in Canaima National Park.
- Caracas - Merida - Caracas.
- Caracas - Puerto Ordaz.
- Puerto Ordaz - Canaima.
- Canaima - Caracas (by Puerto Ordaz).
- Airport domestic taxes.
- Entrance fee to Canaima National Park.
We recommend bringing: bathing suit and towel, hat, sun protector and repellent, set of warm sleeping clothing, pair of light shoes or sandals, resistant pair of trekking boots, poncho or jacket in case of rain, a scarf.
- The baggage weight allowed to Canaima is 10 kilos.
- If water level is not enough to go to the base of the Angel Falls, the tour ends at Orquid Island.